Sunday, November 23, 2014

Potter Switch-plate!


Almost a 1 1/2 years ago (during summer), 
I developed a strained thumb.

It seriously messed with my Crafty Mojo!
I couldn't crochet (which is what I think caused the strain),
knit, or embroider. 

What's a Crafty Girl to do?

I could hold a marker!


Even though Melissa's Birthday wasn't until February, 
I made this Potter Switch-plate for her and held onto it
for months and months...




I'm terrible with Secrets like that!!!!

But I persevered.
Somehow...

For the details:
I found the Switch-plate at the Thrift Store.
Sketched the design "free hand" with pencil.
Colored in with Oil Based Sharpies.


"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times,
when one only remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore



1 comment:

  1. i love my switchplate cover!!! it makes me happy everytime i see it!
    you're the best gift maker and secret keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!